University of Lynchburg - Westover Hall
In Association with Craddock-Cunningham Architectural Partners - National Register of Historic Places, Rivermont Historic District #03000224
The renovation of Main Hall, a significant historic building, involved a three-story entry vestibule with floor-to-ceiling windows, which contain a spiral staircase from the first to the second floor. The first floor features The Street, which runs through the Student Center and has a dramatic open gathering space on one side and an improved Skeller on the other. An outside deck provides spaces for meeting and eating outdoors.
The second floor serves as an entertainment floor, a glass-enclosed radio station studio, and houses student organizations as well. It also includes a fitness area with a mezzanine floor, and a 90-seat theater along with reception and conference rooms that retain the current, vaulted ceiling beams.
Owner:University of Lynchburg
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Contact: Steve Bright
Craddock-Cunningham Architectural Partners
10 Ninth Street
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Contact: Gary Harvey