Lynchburg Museum of the Confederacy
In association with Carlton Abbott & Partners Architects
Jamerson-Lewis Construction was selected by the Museum of the Confederacy to construct their first satellite facility. As important as this project was for the Museum of the Confederacy it was more important to the Appomattox Community because of its tourism value. Jamerson-Lewis Construction successfully completed the meticulous details and standards set forth by renowned architect Carlton Abbott. The Museum features a sales area, educational & training room, an interactive exhibit area as well as an area to display rotating exhibits. This facility is located within three miles of where General Robert E. Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia to General Ulysses S. Grant and his Army of the Potomac on April 9, 1865. This effectively ended the American Civil War.
(photo credit: Lynchburg Museum of the Confederacy)
The Museum of the Confederacy
1201 East Clay Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Carlton Abbott & Partners Architects
402 W. Duke of Gloucester St.
Williamsburg, VA 23185