In Association with Goody Clancy
The 134,748 GSF Physics Building was constructed in three phases: The original “Old Building” (96,048 SF) was built in 1954, the Connector, “Old Addition” (9,690 SF), was completed in 1980, and the “New Addition” (29,010 SF) was completed in 1993. Key programmatic functions for this building include offices, classrooms, teaching labs, fabrication space, and material storage. In order to recruit and retain outstanding Physics/ STEM students and faculty, a comprehensive renovation is required that will renovate both the existing four-story 1950s building along with the two-story 1980s addition. Project scope includes replacing existing mechanical systems, upgrading existing electrical systems, and plumbing. The project will upgrade fire safety infrastructure, renew the building's envelope and roof, and complete interior renovations to meet current programmatic, building code, life safety, and accessibility requirements. The renovated building will provide high-quality space to serve the demands of the University's current and future instructional and research programs.